Friday, October 19, 2012

Go Away Mom Guilt

I had a doctor appointment plus many errands to run today. I debated about dropping Teagan off at daycare. I knew I would feel guilty if I did. I take Fridays off from work for her. I feel like I'm doing something wrong by not hanging out with her. MOM GUILT at its best. Teagan is not a shopper. I debated about what to do till the last minute. I decided to drop her off about a half hour before I had to be out the door.

Teagan didn't mind. I asked her what she wanted to do today: play with Mommy or go to school. She said school. Hmm. I'll work on that.

Her daycare teacher consoled me by saying it would be better for Teagan for her to play with her friends then be dragged around to stores. So true. I think everyone, including my husband and I, have stories about long shopping trips with our mothers as kids.

Take that Mom Guilt. You will not win. Oh how quickly I got over you once I was out. It was a nice treat to shop by myself. Its been years since I had a day of alone time shopping. Getting my todo list done with lots savings due to sales and coupons has made my frown into a big smile.

Now I get to enjoy the rest of my weekend having quality time with Tea.


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment