Saturday, March 2, 2013

Teagan's New Big Girl Room

Teagan was upgraded to a new room. Baby #2 will use the nursery. We designed the nursery to be gender neutral for all of our children to use. It has pale yellow walls. 

I was very excited to design Teagan a real girly girl room for her big girl room. As a child I was not allowed to help decorate my room. (My room was very pretty Mom! Thanks for all the hard work you did to design it). So it's important to me to allow Teagan to have a say. She told me she wanted a blue room. Hmm...not very girly. I found the girliest blue paint and started from there. This was quite a project.
Guest room cleared out (Teagan's new room)

Primer

Blue Paint

New Window Trim (also around the door and closet)

Back panels

Teagan helping paint
I asked her to pose and this is what she gave me. 


Posts, slats, baseboard, and rails (DONE!)

The other side of the room
Furniture and decor. I took a shot from each corner (next 3 pictures)



 
Magnetic Owl Board. I love this. 
Clothes hooks

I found this canvas gem at a local home decor store.
Sorry Teagan, its not blue. Mommy snuck pink in.
Name letters from her old room repainted.
Wall decal above the doll house

Now lets talk about stuffed animals. I searched all over the internet for stuffed animal storage ideas without any luck. There are corner nets, but Teagan isn't tall enough to reach them. I found bean bags where you stuff the liner with the animals. But I figured Teagan would forget the animals were in there and the chair would be uncomfortable. There are also huge "cage" furniture pieces, but I didn't want another piece of furniture. So I found these pink tubs from Target ($7/piece). They do the job, though they are already full and Teagan's only two. 

 

The end.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment