Sunday, October 20, 2013

Each 24 Hours is a Gift

My priest must read my mind. His homilies are always in tune with whats going on with my life. Today he preached that "each 24 hours is a gift."

That struck home with this working momma. So many times lately I have said there are not enough hours in a day. I've been focusing on what I cannot get accomplished, get done, or miss out on. I've been focusing on all the wrong things. I should focus on how blessed I am. I do love my life but I keep stressing over what is not perfect about it. Well that's enough.

I'm going to change. I'm going to take each day as a gift. I get to wake up every morning next to my best friend when others are lonely. I get to hug two beautiful girls that God graced us with when I know too many people that are struggling with infertility. I get to work for a wonderful, generous employer that let's me work part time while other's are looking for work or their jobs keep them away from their families. I have my health (this I really am thankful for lately due to my long C-Section recovery), while other's are limited by their bodies. I have loving family and friends. I am blessed. My day is a gift.

So when I only get an hour of quality time with my daughters, didn't get around to doing the dishes, ran out of time to work out, or wasn't able to call my mom, I won't stress. I'll remind myself, today was a gift. It truly is.



How are your days a gift? How do you focus on the positives of being a working mother?

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment