Monday, November 18, 2013

How I Managed to Be a Single Parent For a Week

I have a great employer. That's how I did it.

I work part time (Mon-Thurs). I flexed my work schedule. I worked a full day the Friday before my husband left so I could work shorter days while he was gone. With my long commute, pumping, and lunch, I'm typically gone 10-11 hours a day. There is no way I could work a full day and do both daycare drop off and pick up. A downside to using an in home daycare is that our daycare closes early - 5:30pm. Besides, I wouldn't want my kids to be in daycare 11 hours.

Working short days was a blessing. It made our week go rather smoothly. Thank you to my employer and manager for being flexible. I know I'm fortunate & not all companies are as supportive of working parents.


My daughters and I getting some snuggle time in while Dad was gone.


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment