Monday, February 4, 2013

Pregnancy Clothes and Work

Why is it when I shop for pregnancy clothes they are so frumpy or look like cloth garbage bags? I see women with cute pregnancy clothes. Where do they come from?

While I don't mind wearing large t-shirts and sweatpants (more like I prefer to wear large Ts and sweats), these are not most respected clothes at the work place. I'm 5 months pregnant. I'm in between normal clothes and maternity clothes. Most of my dress pants for work have high waists and no longer button. Sigh. I have a couple Bella bands but they can sometimes be uncomfortable and then there's those embarrassing moments when they shift and you stand up at your desk and well....you hope no one noticed you just flashed the office. I do have maternity work pants but I'm not big enough for them to stay up and those slide down too.

Last pregnancy I swelled up like a drought was coming. My shoes no longer fit and I ended up buying VERY comfortable Dr Scholl's Velcro sandals (closed toed). Yes you read that right. I wore Velcro shoes to work.

Falling britches and Velcro. Ah, its great to be pregnant and working.

We only want 2 kiddos, so this will be my last pregnancy. Its very hard to bring myself to buy more maternity clothes when I'll only wear them for a couple of months. So I apologize in advance and ask my coworkers for an open mind when you see my dress the next few months ;)

Love,


1 comment:

  1. I will be 38 weeks the end of this week and was just thinking this morning on the way to work about how grateful I am that my Company has a casual dress code. Like flip flops and shorts, casual.

    However, I like to look a lot more professional than that! I have bought quite a few dresses from Old Navy. They typically run around $20 if you catch them on sale, and then I rotate some of my non-maternity cardigans to change the look up a bit.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete