Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mom Instinct

I would like to think that I would do anything for my children. But my motherly instinct has shown otherwise.

Case in point:

One day we were leaving the zoo. Teagan was a wee little one, maybe one year old and I was pushing her in a stroller. We approached a trash can that was making noises. As we got closer, a creature (later identified as a squirrel) jumped out just as we were about the pass the trash can. What did this brave mother do? I pushed the stroller straight ahead letting my daughter defend herself and I bolted to the right. Thankfully, the squirrel scurried away never touching my daughter. My husband thought this was hilarious.

I pray that in a real dangerous situation I would be a little more protective.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment