Friday, June 28, 2013

Maternity Leave

Maternity leave is never long enough. My return to work date seems like its forever away and at the same time I feel like its just around the corner.

With Teagan, I was naive. I thought I was ready to go back to work. I had no idea how hard it would be. This time around, I'm very anxious. Other mothers have told me its easier to go back to work with child #2, but I'm skeptical. I don't think I'm cut out for it. At least this time I work part-time. I went back to work full-time with Teagan.

I do like working. In my ideal world, I would like to stay at home for the first 6-8 months. Then go to work part-time. I think its a better adjustment for the baby too. 6-8 weeks is so young.

Who wouldn't want to snuggle instead of work?



Do you have any advice for momma's returning to work?

Love,


1 comment:

  1. Lacey is just precious, and I know you're soaking up this sweet time with her! This part of babyhood went by so much faster with Annabelle than it did with Jack. It's like I blinked, and she's almost sitting up. NOT OK.

    It was a harder decision than I expected to stay home. I loved my job, but part-time was not an option. My leadership went to bat for me but no dice. That would've been my preference--to keep a foot in both worlds.

    As far as going back to work from mat leave, just look at what a beautiful, strong and independent little lady Teagan is. She learned that from her mama, and Lacey will learn those same things. The day before I went back to work after having Jack, I held him all day long. I don't think you can spoil a baby by holding them too much!

    ReplyDelete