Saturday, March 3, 2012

Daycare$ and a Sick Schnook

This week, Teagan missed 2 days of daycare for vacation, then 1.5 days for being sick, and 1 day for my off Friday. We paid for a whole week and she was there 0.5 days.

Ever have weeks like that?

Tea's daycare is wonderful and is very affordable. This just makes me chuckle.

Tea wasn't feeling well the last day of our trip (Tuesday). So Wednesday morning I took her to the doc. Double ear infection. Poor dear. I loaded her up with the prescribed antibiotics and dropped her off at daycare. I'm a bad mommy. I should have stayed home with her. I only had a 2 day work week and really wanted to get some work done. She was miserable. Its no surprise her daycare called a few hours later asking us to pick her up.

I felt so guilty for taking her to daycare. Another mom guilt reason. I should start keeping a list of mom guilt reasons. Work guilt vs mom guilt. I can't win. 

On the bright side, Teagan is back to herself. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...the times I've gone to work even though my kids are sick...I know the feeling! It's horrible, but for me, if I'm going to take a day off, I would much rather it be to do something fun with the kids, so I hate taking days off when they are sick. This of course goes out the window when they having stomach bugs. Don't feel guilty...I think we all do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel! I don't like even taking a sick day for myself. Seems like a waste of personal time off. Glad to hear other moms drop off their sick kids :)

      Delete
  2. You are not lying on the work guilt v. mom guilt. But really, the mom guilt always wins. :) The stakeholder is cuter.

    ReplyDelete