Saturday, January 12, 2013

Parents that "Checkout"

I understand. Parents need a break. I get it. I need breaks. But as a parent, you usually do not get to choose when you get a break.

The other day Teagan and I had lunch at a Chick-Fil-A. After we ate, I took Teagan into the indoor play place. Immediately when I went into the room I noticed the off balance ratio of children to parents. No way did all the children present belong to the two moms in the room.

My sweet little girl climbed up the structure. As she proceeded to do so another small unprovoked girl tried to pull down Teagan's pants. As Teagan started yelling I looked around. It was obvious the girl's mother was not present. I yelled at her. I was that mom. As I yelled at her she looked me straight into my eyes, grabbed Teagan's arm and proceeded to bite it. Oh my! My voice became much much louder and I told her "Do Not Bite Her!" This child was smaller then my 2 & 1/2 year old. I'm guessing she was 2 or a little younger.

Who leaves their barely 2 year old unattended in a very crowded restaurant at lunch time? I understand that you want to gab with your girlfriends and not be a mom for a minute. Your child is probably acting up because you have not been present to correct her behavior or because you're not there and she is acting out. Lets not ignore the fact you're neglecting your child's safety.

There is place and time to checkout. You know when its appropriate to checkout. Be a smart parent.







No comments:

Post a Comment