Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Walmart Saga Continues

As expected, I bought our Christmas cards at Walmart. Cheap prices got me.

1 hour photo was my only option. Last time I had photos shipped to my home, Walmart required a signature (as if some stranger would want my oh so expensive personal photos). I work so I don't do signatures. This required a 45 minute drive one way to the FedEx pickup location. Not doing that again.  Ship to store wouldn't get done until 12/24 - also a pass. So 1 hour photo is was. Note that 1 hour photo had a guaranteed completion time of 28 hours after I ordered due to a large number of other orders. Fine 28 hour photo works too.

While out shopping I got an email and text message saying my photo order was done. It had only been 4 hours. Woohoo. I made it over to Walmart about 30 minutes later.

I walked in miday on a Saturday. Scary time to go. I felt so nervous. It has been 1 year since I stepped into my Walmart. Bad memories resurfaced. I dodged oblivious shoppers and made it back to photo.

My Walmart has this brilliant idea of combining the photo counter with layaway. They've done this a few years now. I was blessed with standing in a long line of layaway pick up shoppers.

While waiting another fellow shopper decided she was better then the rest of us and went straight up to the counter for her photo order. Did the Walmart staff tell her they will be with her after they served the customers already waiting? Of course not. They helped her right away.

I finally get to the front of the line and guess what? My order wasn't ready. Really? You sent me a text and an email at least 45 minutes ago. Ugh. I wait longer.

I will give credit that the photo worker was actually competent this year. I had a mixed order of cards and single prints of various sizes. I was sure this would be too complicated for Walmart but the worker handled it.

I wait some more. Photos done. Whew. I was outta there.

Your cheap prices aren't worth the hassle! I'm done with you!  (Now, I've said this before, will I actually do it?....At least I'll have to next Christmas to decide).


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment