Saturday, December 17, 2011

DONE!

I DID IT!!!!

I finished all of my Christmas shopping with a week to spare :) Of course I still have to address and mail our Christmas cards, make some gifts (I have the materials), wrap everything, and bake delicious treats. But at least I'm done with the shopping part. YIPPIE!

My plan of shopping after Teagan went to bed was tough! I almost had a meltdown Wednesday night. I kept on fighting and didn't let the tears get the better part of me.

I'm making a couple of gifts. The JoAnns by me is a busy one, esp for waiting to get fabric cut. So I bought my fabric through their online website last Saturday. I had an email Wednesday that some of the material is not in stock but they'll ship the ones that were. Ugh! It took you 3 days to tell me this?

I bought my photo Christmas cards though Walmart's website. They have the best card prices so I couldn't resist. I chose their ship to store option. Walmart's ship to home option requires a signature. I work, so I'm not available to sign when packages get delivered. I found this out the hard way a couple of years ago. I had to drive 50 minutes one way to the UPS distribution center and pick up my photos. Never again would I ship to my home. So...Wednesday I had a voicemail my photo cards were ready. Fine. I really wanted to shop at Target that night but chose Walmart so I could pick up my cards. I got to the photo counter at 8:15pm. Their photo hours are till 9pm. My Walmart combined their photo counter and layaway counter. I asked for my photos. The girl replies she's not a photo person and the photo people left at 6:30. I hate the "I can't help you" typical Walmart employee attitude. I told her I had a voicemail they were ready. She half a$$ looked and said she didn't see them and there's nothing she can do. I cannot afford to come back. My shopping schedule is tight as is. Duplicate store runs are not an option. Angry Kim came out.  For those who know me (well besides my husband), angry Kim rarely comes out. It takes a lot to push my buttons. I was not leaving till I had my cards!!! Long story short - 2 workers, 1 manager and 45 minutes later they found my cards which were 3 feet in front of me the whole time.

I tried to buy some fabric in their fabric section to make up for the JoAnns mishap. Could I find a price or someone to cut my fabric? Nope.

I then wanted to get a video game which was locked in a case. Could I find someone to unlock it? Nope.

I spent 1 hour, 37 minutes there and got barely anything I wanted.

Target wouldn't have treated me this way. I hate Walmart and I vow to never shop there again. Their low prices are not worth it. I'm done with you Walmart.

I almost cried. When I get angry I usually end up in tears. Stupid female hormones. I pulled myself together, came home and treated myself to a shake.

I took Thursday off from shopping. I was wiped out. I knocked out the rest of my shopping Friday night and Saturday morning (today). I even took a trip to JoAnns. But all is well now and I'm done!!!!

JoAnn's and Walmart will be receiving letters from me this year and they won't be holiday greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment