Sunday, December 11, 2011

Minivan Momma

Remember how my car's satellite radio was busted? I took it too the dealer about a month ago and they had to order a part. My husband worked from home on one of my off Fridays so it was easy for me to drop off my car. I had no idea what I would do when the part came in. Then it came to me. Our good friends the Ws live near me and work at the same company I do. I politely asked with a lot of pretty pleases if they could drive me to work one day. They're wonderful and accepted!!! Thank you G and L!!!

On Monday the car went to the shop. The part ordered didn't fix my radio and they gave me a rental.......a minivan! It was a Dodge caravan. I'm not going to lie. I liked it.  I just need Teagan to play soccer so I can be a soccer mom, then my mom transformation will be complete. 

Teagan liked it too! One evening she really wanted to go into the garage. I had no clue why. I finally took her out there and she just wanted to touch the minivan. She giggled when she did. It had ambient blue lighting above the track that ran down the center of the van's ceiling. That was pretty cool to a toddler. She loved to point and show me it. While driving, she would kick her little legs. I think she liked the extra leg room. 

My car ended up being in the shop 4 days. This cracked me up. Four days to fix a radio. They ordered a different part each day. The fourth part on the last day was the winner. 

So I drove the mini van for 3 days. 

Pros:
-Automatic doors. Enough said. 
-Space!
-It sat up high. So easy to put Teagan in her carseat. No bending over for me.
-It was clean! with new car smell. No spilled cheerios.
-It had satellite radio. 

Cons:
-Extra blind spots
-Poor gas mileage
-It's a minivan

Overall verdict: I would not be against getting a minivan when we have more kids. Anything to make my life easier. 

It's sooooo nice to have my little car back though. It's a sedan and can zip around. I now realize how little it is, but I still love it. I missed satellite radio so much. Its been 4 months since it first went out. I love the channel "Kids Place Live." The songs and skits make me laugh. They sometimes play good parenthood songs. I first started playing it for Tea but now I find myself listening to it even after I drop her off at daycare. For those that also listen "There's a carp in the tub...". Ahaha. 

You know you're a ftwm when...your have discussions about the awesomeness of minivans with your coworkers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment