Sunday, September 16, 2012

Toddler Rambles

Conversion I had with Teagan while driving home from daycare:

Mommy: Teagan, I saw you had a new teacher. What is her name?
Teagan: [Proceeds to run through the names of all her friends at school. No teacher name given]

Mommy: Those are the names of your friends. Who was the new teacher reading a book to everyone?
Teagan: Miss Tammy. [Ah..the light bulb went off. I had ask her a couple of times so I could decipher her toddler speak]

Mommy: Is Miss Tammy nice or bad? [mommy trying to assess this new teacher]
Teagan: Bad

Mommy: Why is Miss Tammy bad?
Teagan: Put N in time out. [N is the initial of Teagan's bff at school].

Mommy: [chuckling] Why did she put N in timeout?
Teagan: N probably pinched Teagan.


I think this is the longest real conversation we've had to date. This conversation made me laugh. Teagan thinks her new teacher is bad because she disciplines. Such a typical little kid thought. And Teagan uses the world "probably" now but she doesn't quite understand when to use it. She's big on tattling on her friends too. Of course she never tells us when she does something wrong. I know she's an angel all the time ... ;)


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment