Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Momma on the couch

I never followed up with my work's "On the Move" contest. I did it! I averaged 10,000 steps a day for 6 weeks. I pushed myself! I was on the tredmill pretty much every night. I even lost weight - a very nice bonus!

After the contest ended, I continued running. My husband and I had signed up for a 5K a couple of weeks after. I didn't run everyday like during the contest. Just enough to keep me in shape.

And now that the 5K is over. I've ran 0 times :) I am burnt out. I'm a momma on the couch and I don't feel guilty.

I do enjoy working out but its hard to find time. I felt like I was neglecting my family by working out everyday. And my todo list was never getting done.

I need to find a good balance.

My work gave out gift cards to those that averaged 10,000 steps a day....so hello pretty new running shoes. Its a cool feeling to earn them. I'm already motivated to start running again.


These are those new Nike Free Run +3 shoes. They are amaaazing. I've never had shoes feel like these. They're suppose to give you a barefoot like feel. I highly recommend them for any running momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment