Sunday, December 9, 2012

Scrooge Mom is Not Mom of the Year

Last Friday I had an attack plan for Christmas shopping. I had a detailed list of stores to go to and what to purchase at each store and I had Teagan.

Instead of a nice leisurely Friday morning, hanging out in our PJs, followed by Library class. Teagan was forced to shop bright and early. Sorry baby, no singing today.

First stop Target. As I parked the car, she starts screaming "I don't want to shop. I don't want to go shopping." Super. We're not even in the first store yet. Think quick Momma. I bribed her with Target popcorn. Thank you Target for having a food court and that is open at 8am. She requested a slushy instead. I obliged. We went into the store, and bought the slushy.

Teagan didn't want to sit in the cart. I start pondering if my plan was a good idea at all. I take away the slushy  She screams in the store lobby. I'm a mean momma but we need to set some ground rules child. There are many stores to go to and I need your cooperation. After a few minutes she stops crying and obliges. Whew. There were only a few stares. Slushy back in the toddler's hands and the shopping begins.

The rest of the day is filled with snacks and the tablet (Android's version of the iPad). I received many stares at the mall with Teagan in her stroller playing on the tablet. I don't care. It keeps her occupied while she's being dragged around to boring stores. Stare away! I need to get my Christmas shopping done.

Four hours later we made it home. Teagan's napping. I could use a nap, but this momma is off to wrap gifts.

In order for me to shop for many hours hours today, I had to butter my kid up with slushies and tablets. Yes. I judge myself a crummy Mommy but I'm sure Teagan loved that she got things she usually does not get. And while I wasn't the world's best mom today, I enjoyed the time we spent together... screams, demands, and all.




Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment