Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bottles

I apologize for all the typos in my previous post. I fixed the ones I found and updated the entry. I usually have typos, but being sleep deprived and typing with one hand (cute snugly baby in the other hand) has made them worse. Sorry!

Warning: Another post about breastfeeding. This is the story of my life lately. I told you I could write a blog about breastfeeding alone.

Last Friday I had a playdate scheduled with some friends at the zoo for Teagan. I was stressing about going since I have Lacey and I do not like nursing in public. Zoo trips, including driving time, are well over 3 hours (the time between Lacey's feedings).

I thought this would be a good time to introduce Lacey to a bottle.

So on Friday I sanitized all of our bottles and brought out my trusty Medela pump. I might have cried a little. Bottles mean daycare, and daycare means I go back to work.


Just for kicks I immediately gave Lacey a bottle after I pumped. Without hesitating, she took it. 2oz gone. Hmm. That was too easy. Complete 180 from her sister. Transitioning Teagan to a bottle was difficult to say the least.

We went to the zoo later that day. When Lacey started rooting, I pulled out a bottle and fed her in public. Such FREEDOM! No panic attacks of where to nurse. I even outsourced the feeding:


I guess she's ready to go to daycare... :(.

The next day we went to a BBQ with some friends. I pumped and brought a bottle along. Little did I realized, I grabbed a bottle nipple that we had cut for Teagan for baby rice cereal. It took us a little bit to realize the nipple was cut. Poor Lacey kept spitting the milk back at us. Fail. Luckily we were at a party where there were 3 other babies and all 4 of us moms breastfeed. I felt very comfortable sneaking off to another room to nurse. No questions were asked.

If Lacey will eat from anything, will this be a sign she won't be a picky eater like her big sister? One can hope.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment