Friday, August 16, 2013

Last Week of Maternity Leave

Oh how these past 10 weeks have flown by. I blinked and I had a baby and my maternity leave is over. You would be correct to say I'm sad. I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Almost like I've done something wrong. It's a guilty feeling or going back to school after summer feeling.

I will never have a block of time off from work like this again. Well not until I retire. I will never have unscheduled carefree weeks where I lose track of the days, stay in our pjs till noon, or spend the days snuggling with Lacey on the couch. I feel like by sending Lacey to daycare, I'm giving her up. I know that sounds silly. She will always be my daughter and I will have time with her on the weekends. But that is how I feel. She'll start going to bed early and I won't get much time with her during the week.

Since I've recovered and it's my last week home, I kept Teagan home from daycare. We jammed packed our days. We explored many parks, had playdates, went to the library, zoo, science center, and a fair, and finally got some swimming in. I'm exhausted. It is challenging going out with a 3 year old and 2 month old. Both are demanding in their own ways. But today on my official last weekday off, Teagan is at daycare and it's just Lacey and I. One last cuddle day. While though my stress level rose a few times this week with both girls, I'm missing Teagan already.

Here are some pics from our week:
















Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment