Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Healthy

Hallelujah

I will sing it again,

Hallelujah!

I am healed.

I had complications with my C-Section recovery. I'll spare you the details. I didn't feel like myself until about 7 weeks after my surgery. Besides being physically down, I was emotionally down. I have a hard time "taking it easy." I like to do things myself. Having to wait many weeks to heal was hard for me. Besides not being active, I didn't want to spend my maternity leave disabled. It's so short. It's not fair. 

The hardest part about my slow recovery was not being a 100% mommy to my 3 year old daughter. I didn't trust Teagan not bumping into my incision. She loves to climb on me. Every time she came near me I threw up a hand or an arm to block her. How awful is that when your mommy pushes you away? I was bound to the couch and I couldn't help with bedtime. Her daddy brought bedtime to me. We read books on the couch instead of in her bed. I hated not being able to pick Teagan up, hug her tight, or help care for her. I'm so thankful she has daycare. I couldn't imagine recovering with her at home. How do stay at home moms with C-Sections care for older children? I was sad I couldn't be there for her. I missed playing with her. 

I healed so fast with my first C-section for Teagan. I worked out at 5 weeks, went water skiing at 7 weeks, and ran a 5K at 10 weeks. This recovery was so different. I tried to go on a walk at 5 weeks and became achy. Just from a walk! Its difficult being injured in the summer. There is so much to do and I couldn't even go swimming. 

Enough of the pity party for me because I am healed! I even started jogging again this week (8 weeks postpartum). While though I'm so out of shape and jogging feels awful, I put my chin up high and remind myself how good it is to MOVE and to be healthy. 

My family at one of those Color Run 5Ks last summer

We are so blessed that Lacey is a beautiful healthy little girl. I would take any pain or complication to have a healthy baby. It's all worth it.

Love,




1 comment:

  1. Greetings! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete