Thursday, August 1, 2013

Transitioning to Daycare

A friend of mine recently posted on Facebook asking for advice on transitioning her baby from breastfeeding to bottles. This reminding me I need to do so too! Lacey will be starting daycare in just 2 weeks and we haven't introduced a bottle at all. I guess it is true you forget to do things with the second child.

I'm not too worried. Teagan refused to take a bottle. We bought every kind of bottle/nipple there was without any luck. And you know what? After a couple of days at daycare, she decided she was hungry enough and took a bottle.

Besides mommas having to transition back to work, babies transition too. Our Sweet Tea was a sensitive little baby and the transition to daycare was tough on her. The first week all she wanted to do was nurse when I got home. I don't think she slept much at daycare either since the first time she slept through the night was just after the first week there. But that was short lived. The following few weeks she would wake up every 45 minutes to an hour at night. Talk about exhaustion.

Lacey has been a calmer baby then her big sister. I'm using this as hope that her transition to daycare won't be as traumatic. She loves to be held though. I wanted a cuddly baby and my husband jokes that I sure got one. Her big sister did not cuddle. Lacey won't let me put her down. And I have no problem spoiling her. My time off with her is so limited that I will spoil her. I know at daycare its impossible for the teachers to hold her all day. This is really the only thing I worry about.

We shall see how the transition goes.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment