Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012

I'm not one to make new year resolutions. Mainly because I know I won't stick to them. But 2011 was probably the most challenging year of my life.  I am a working mom. I know that doesn't sound tough. And I realize there are people who have far greater struggles. I am pulled in every direction. I never give enough of myself to my husband, daughter, family, friends, work, pets, todo list, and even myself.

There is the saying that God only gives us what we can handle. But what if we can't handle it? Its not like the world will open up and swallow us. We just get though each day and say we are "handling" it. And that is what I feel like 2011 was. I feel like I'm just surviving, trying my best to keep my head up. I had way too many emotional nights that I care to remember.

Well for 2012, I'm done with being sad. That is not me.

A great friend past away last August. She was the most positive person I know. Even when told she had terminal cancer she was still upbeat. I've heard stories of her final days and how truly happy she was. Her name was Marianne. She had a big role in my life. She always said 'it is what it is" and went about her business.

So my new year resolution for 2012 is to be like Marianne.

"It is what it is."

I will not let negative thoughts linger on my mind.
I will change what I can control.
I will make the most of what I can't control.
I will say one positive thing for every negative thing I hear.
I will love my husband, daughter, and even myself the best that I can, and I will tell myself that is good enough.


Here's to you 2012 - Here's to enjoying life. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment