Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sleeping Toddler

My sweet baby girl was a great sleeper who even loved to go to bed. We would tell her "bedtime" and she would run to the stairs. After her bedtime routine, we could lay her down in her crib and she would tell us "night night." We could leave her room with her awake and there would be no peeps.

A week before Christmas that all changed. She would refuse to go to bed. She would cry and cry.  I hate cry it out. Bedsides putting up a fight to sleep at night she also would refuse to take a nap. Teagan was still taking 2 naps a day. She started to skip one of her naps.

Over the holidays, we visited my brother. Teagan climbed out of her pack-n-play 3 times! The first time was rather funny. Bret and I were exhausted one day and wanted to take a nap when Teagan did. We were all in the same room. After 5 minutes Teagan stopped making noises. Bret and I were just about out, then all of a sudden I heard a little voice next to me. I look over and Tea is inches from my face standing next to the bed. She climbed out!

When we returned home, baby girl used her pack-n-play skills to climb out of her crib too.

I watched her climb out once. It made my stomach drop. While placing her two hands on the railing she would kick one leg up on the rail. Then she would throw her body weight to swing over. She couldn't control the movement and just flew over and landed on her back.

I wasn't going to let that happen again.

Ironically, we bought a toddler bed a couple of weeks ago since we saw one on sale. We switched Tea to the new bed and voila! She started sleeping again. She's even back to her two naps a day.

I'm shocked how smooth the crib to bed transition was. The first couple of nights I found her sleeping on the floor. But other then that its been great! She hasn't even tried to leave her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment