Sunday, January 29, 2012

Work Work Work, All Day Long

My busy work time has come. I worked very long days Thursday and Friday and never saw sunlight. When the bright rays were out Saturday, my eyes hurt. It was too sunny for me. Sensitive eyes and pale skin. You might think I'm a vampire. But sleeping has been no problem for me this weekend! I've been napping and going to be early.

Using my brain is more exhausting than physical activity.

I gave a presentation in front of 50 plus people, most of who I do not know. This was my first big presentation at my current position. I thought it was sweet that many of my teammates and management came to watch and to see how that little blonde girl would do. I felt confident but during my speech I stumbled on a word (I have trouble pronouncing some words - lame) and heard my voice quiver once. Grr....I like to challenge myself to overcome nervousness and even if I am nervous not let other people see it. I give myself partial success status. My audience did nod their heads so it appeared I was saying something coherent.  Round 2 will be Monday morning. I will prevail!


What about Teagan? With her mommy being gone.

Well....her daddy is AWESOME! He's pretty much been a single parent. He does it all and never complains. He's my rock. Sadly I only saw Tea for an hour Thursday. And I got home right at bedtime Friday.

But don't worry. She played all day with her Grandma Friday. They went swimming at an indoor REC Center. I'm pretty jealous!

Saturday night, I was Tea's buddy. She just wanted me to rock her and not go to bed. And so I obeyed her request. We rocked and rocked and sang songs. Her bedtime was later than normal but neither of us minded. I spoiled her (bad mommy right?) and I loved every moment of it. She deserves to be spoiled when she barely saw her mommy for two days.

1 week of overtime to go! 2 weeks till I go part time!







No comments:

Post a Comment