Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Challenge You

Since I've started my blog, I've been overwhelmed by all the positive feedback people having been giving me.

I have always felt like I'm doing something wrong by being a working mom. That's partially due to comments made by others. I didn't realize how many people are supportive of me until now.

I started thinking. It's very easy to think negatively and to judge. It's harder to think of something positive about someone. I'm not quite sure why this is. People (friends, family, and strangers) are quick to say harsh things more than to give a compliment.

So I challenge you. If you know of a momma that is pushing herself for the best of her family (even stay at home moms, they have a hard job too!), tell her you support her. It is truly wonderful to hear that you're doing a good job. One compliment can take off weeks of stress. Then after you're done doing that, tell your mom how much you appreciate all she did for you.

Being a mom is the most challenging and rewarding job. We give lots of love and support, and ask for nothing in return. But when we're told a small thanks, our hearts melt.

To my mom: I love you more than I tell you. You have always been my biggest supporter and have given me a wonderful life. Thank you for everything, even those ugly spandex cuffed pink corduroy pants. You're my role model and my friend. I'm thankful to have you in my life.


You know you're a ftwm when... you call your mom for advice more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment