Friday, November 11, 2011

Off Fridays

I work 9 hour days and take every other Friday off. I love my off Fridays. Due to circumstances I was not able to have an off Friday with Teagan at all in October. I'm rather enjoying our day off today. Any day I get to spend all day with Teagan is a great day!

Having a compressed work schedule is hard. It doesn't leave much time for me to do things like go out to lunch with my coworkers or run an errand after work. My mornings are rushed trying to get out the door so I can put 9 hours in. Sometimes my hubby does both drop off and pick up since I work longer. He doesn't mind, but I feel like I'm being selfish and burdening him. I wonder if this schedule is working, but then I have an off Friday and spending the day with my girl changes my mind.

I really try to focus on doing fun things with Teagan. We have gone to parks, petting zoos, children museums, fun farms, inflatable gyms, etc. I try to pretend I'm a stay at home mommy and chat with the other moms. I wonder if they can sense I'm a fake. :)

Its very easy to get caught up on using my off Fridays to get stuff done. Today will be a hybrid day. Half getting crap done. Half playing with Tea. My goal today was to get my satellite radio fixed in my car (requires a trip to the dealer) and to replace a picture frame that broke. Both of these things broke last summer! I have such little time that it has taken me over 3 months to fix them. Whew.

You know you're a ftwm when...you value every minute with your child so much more.

Here is my missing frame. It said "Laugh" and should be in the center of my collage. Looks a little strange without it.


Here are some pictures from off Fridays past:













No comments:

Post a Comment