Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF?

I'm not quite sure I has was thankful for this Friday.

The whole work week was rough. There were many issues and frustration among my team. Our moral was down. Today it was thought that we needed to send someone on travel next Monday. Most of my teammates were not available.

That left me.

I am available but I don't want to travel. I just came back from a trip a week ago. I was hoping not to travel for the rest of the year. My little girl is sad when I'm gone and I am sad too. Did I mention I have traveled 8 times in the past 3 months? I am very burnt out on traveling. Only 2 of those trips were work related.

I said no. Eek. Is that allowed? I felt so strongly about not traveling that I said it. No. My stomach was is knots. I hate letting down my team. I rarely say no in my work life and personal life. But I truly did not want to travel.

Luckily it turned out the trip was not needed. Whew!

To top off my wonderful crummy day, I had a 1 hour and 40 minute commute home. There was an accident.  I know I should be thankful since the person in the accident clearly had a worse day than me, but I was still crabby. Traffic jams are annoying.

You know you're a ftwm when...some days you wish you were a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment