Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Very Very Relieved!

I stayed up late last night researching what could be wrong with my SD card. I couldn't sleep. I was sad that I might have lost so many photos of our sweet Tea.

I found this morning that I did a back up in August! I would only lose the last 2.5 months of photos. Okay. That's a little easier to swallow.

I called a couple of computer repair stores today and they said I was out of luck since nothing recognized my card. I tried many card readers but they all acted like nothing was in the slot.

I found a company that pulls the chip out of damaged cards and recovers data, for a nice fee of $300.

Then tonight I figured it out! The interwebs (as my coworkers say) helped me out! The casing of my card was damaged. No idea how that happened. But as I looked closely one side was cracked. An article on eHow.com told me to use a part of a paperclip and some tape to repair it....and it work!!!!! After some jiggling, I got my camera to recognize the card. Some photos were gone, but they were ones I had already backed up. YAY! All of my photos are now safely backed up.

The hubby and I did some major backups tonight on all our data. I learned my lesson!

You know you're a ftwm when....hearing "no" regarding your kids (like no we can't recover your child's photos) won't stop you from trying.

I would have really missed not seeing this photo again:


Here is my handy work

First photo from trying out a new SD card. "Here kitty kitty"



No comments:

Post a Comment