Friday, June 8, 2012

Daycare Hodgepodge

A few this and that thoughts that have been rolling around in my head regarding daycare.

1) One day last week I picked up Teagan. While though I got to her daycare 10 minutes before they close, Teagan was the last kid there. I feel bad when she is the last kid. Mom Guilt! Sorry Sweet Tea! I love you so much!!!

2) Everyday, I ask Teagan how school was. Lately she has the same 2 replies.

- "N", where N is the name of her bff at school (a boy...oooh). The conversation is as follows:
Momma: "Teagan what did you do today?"
Teagan: "N"
I'm thankful she's innocent and doesn't realize the other meaning of her reply. Her daddy and I look at each other and laugh.

-"Colored purple." Its always purple, no red, or blues. Just purple, everyday.


3) The daycare Teagan attends is wonderful! They do so much with her, from teaching to activities to crafts. She comes home loaded with worksheets (colors, numbers, letters, opposites, shapes, etc.) and all different kinds of artwork. I am constantly changing out what I post on our pantry doors.

I often wonder, would Teagan get the same experience if I was a stay at home mom. I'm not so crafty and wouldn't have even thought to do school work with her yet. My mom has reassured me that if I was a fulltime stay at home mom I would research age appropriate activities and learning exercises. I would make it my job. Who knows. I'm very thankful we found the daycare we have now.


Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment