Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Supportive Family of the Working Mom

I've been working a lot of overtime lately. I've definitely have not been part time. Its just temporary so I don't mind. I love what I do (though there have been a few moments this week I have to remind myself that).

I must brag about my family.

My husband has basically been a single parent this week, even on the weekend. But you wouldn't know it if you talked to him. He doesn't complain. Besides taking care of our little girl, he has also been taking care of me. He leaves me voice mails at work of Teagan singing - which bring a huge smile to my stressed, droopy face. He cleans and has dinner ready when I come home. We had pool party plans last Saturday (which I worked during the day). When I got home he had everything packed for the pool and even cooked an appetizer! Today was a very long day. Bret had takeout waiting from my favorite restaurant. That totally hit the spot. He has done all this and more without being asked or even asking for a thank you in return. I am so blessed. Now you know why I can't help myself but brag!

My daughter is so sweet! She hasn't been sleeping well the past couple of nights - poor dear has molars popping up. This morning, she came into our room a little before my alarm went off. I pulled her in my bed. I was too tired to put her back into her room. She snuggled up to me and kissed my face. Awh! My heart dropped. I've been missing her. Moments like that kiss will not be forgotten. It was so soothing to this working momma's soul. I snuggled with her a bit longer. I could forgo blow drying my hair to get a few more precious minutes with her.

I am lucky! My family is supportive. I plan on spoiling them back. They're the best!


Love,


2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, what a sweet post. Sounds like you have an amazing family. :)

    ReplyDelete