Friday, June 22, 2012

Good for You!

I joined a golf league this year. We rotate who plays, so I don't play every week. I told our PAT educator (a mother of 3) that I joined a league and she replied "Good for you!" At first I thought that was an unusual reply. The more I think about it, the more I agree with her. She gets it. Good for me!

On golf days, I have to wake up early so I can put in a full day's work before league. That means I leave the house before my daughter wakes up. I work all day and then play golf. I'm not a good golfer, but I enjoy playing. People on my league are 1) very cool and relaxed about my skill level, 2) feel they have to give me hints for every move (so frustrating), or 3) are just plain angry they are playing with me (also frustrating). Depending on who I play with, after the 9 long holes are over I'm mentally beat. Then I drive home hoping I can make it before Teagan's bedtime.

In short, on golf days I'm up early, gone all day, deal with crabby golfers, and barely see my kid (if at all). So yes. Good for me. Its not a leisure activity for this momma.


(And another shout out to my hubby because he's a single parent on golf days!)



2 comments:

  1. I have a really hard time balancing week night activities after working and commuting. I just want to be home, but it would be good to have some activity for me. So...good for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to be home too after work! Good for you for any activity you do :) Something once a month seems to work for me.

      Delete