Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Well 2 days down of my 4 day work trip.

Day 1: Thumbs down.
First day out was all traveling. 12 hours. Two flights and a car ride made me exhausted. Why is traveling so tiring? I'm just sitting. I woke up sad and it didn't go away. Every mommy and toddler pair at the airport made it worse.  I checked on Teagan before I left in the morning and accidentally work her up, an hour before she normally wakes up. Sorry hubby for dropping her off in our bed and running out the door! That was not a good start.

Day 2: Thumbs up
Worked all day and rocked it. I'm solo on this trip. Well my manager is with me, but I'm the only engineer. First time by myself and I got most of our work accomplished. I love what I do and today reminded me of that. For dinner, the boss and I ate on the deck of a nice restaurant overlooking a river with huge boulders. Check out the picture of it below. Today was a good day.

I came back to my hotel room tonight and heard a noise inside. After being startled, I realized it was my alarm. My 6:00am alarm went off at 6:00pm since the clock has am and pm switched. The last work trip I was on had the same setup. Whats up with that? Good thing my body is on a different time zone and woke up way before my alarm anyways.

Due to the time difference, I haven't been able to video chat with Bret and Teagan. I check my email tonight and found 3 videos of Teagan sent by my husband. Yes!!! He is so thoughtful. See?... I mean it when I say I'm lucky to have him.


You know you're a ftwm when...you accidentally wake up your kid, you're not entirely sorry since you get a little more time with her :)

Photo Bret sent me on night one. At least someone will eat his fettuccine .

View from dinner tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment