Thursday, October 20, 2011

Traveling Momma

Its done. Tickets are booked for another work trip. 4 days, 3 nights. Not too bad.

This is only my 2nd work trip since Teagan has been born. My team is awesome! They respected my wishes that I didn't want to travel the first year of her life. Now they need me. Travel is a tricky subject. I loved to travel before Teagan. I enjoy my work. But now, there is someone I miss and I feel I burden my husband by making him a single parent for a week.

I had knots in my stomach the first trip I took. I psyched myself out. It turned out it wasn't so bad. I had a picture of Teagan in my binder that I gazed at every other minute. I was busy with long days that time flew by.  I was able to video chat with my family. That made me feel right at home.  And my husband rocks! He is a great Mr. Mom and supportive of me.  I could not travel if it wasn't for him.

I feel obligated towards my team. They have been supportive of me and I want to help them.

Work travel is bitter sweet.

You know your a ftwm when...you feel like no decision can make everyone happy, including yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment